The Certified Performance Improvement Professional Training Course in Kuala Lumpur is part of a series of certification courses dedicated to rigorous usage of a successful performance improvement system. These courses were organized in 2015 at global level in more than 30 cities from 5 continents, by The KPI Institute.
Facilitated by Teodora Gorski, Managing Director TKI MENA, this course was held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, between 12th, 13th and 14th of August 2015.
The agenda for the Certified Performance Improvement Professional Course covered in the first day the following subjects:
- Performance Management Framework;
- Performance Improvement Scenarios;
- Data Analysis;
- Data Reporting;
The second day sessions covered the following discussion topics:
- Decision Making;
- Initiative Management;
- Learning and Improvement;
- Building a Performance Culture.
In the third day of the course the next themes were approached:
- Performance Improvement;
- Performance Improvement: Stakeholders;
- Performance Improvement: Operations;
- Review and Certification Exam.
The course provides a strong foundation towards improving performance in different scenarios, by presenting a sound architecture, containing relevant tools, processes and techniques. This training course presents 6 pillars that need to be applied in order to ensure performance improvement, starting from data analysis and reporting, continuing with decision making and initiative management and ending with learning and building a performance culture.
The six pillars are then implemented in 9 different scenarios that vary from organizational context (company, departmental and employee level) and relationship with stakeholders (Joint Ventures, suppliers and personal level), to operations (process, project and quality management).
The course was attended by practitioners from Qatar, having different backgrounds and areas of expertise in their working fields like Health, Education and training.
Before beginning the course, sharing challenges of previous experience in working with performance improvement was encouraged and some of them were:
- Linking the KPIs to the bonus system
- Employee buy in and engagement
- Communication and decision making between top management and lower levels of the organization
- Selecting the right KPIs
- Ensure communication across the organization
- Aligning tools we use
- Having a framework that ensure data gathering
- Issues in terms of system automation
Participants were invited to express some learning needs and they communicated the following expectations from the course:
- Performance improvement in different context
- How to plan different initiatives to improve performance
- How to prioritize between different initiatives
- How to use the tools related to performance improvement in a decision making context
- Case studies – good case practices
- Tools for improving performance
In addition to the training sessions, the learning experience is comprised of a pre-course stage, a core course stage and an after-course stage. Upon participating at the face to face training course and completing all the activities on our eLearning platform you will receive the following:
- Certificate of Completion: after completing pre-course activities and passing the Certification Exam;
- Certificate of Attendance: after participating at the 3 days of on-site training course;
- Certified Performance Improvement Professional diploma: after you have successfully completed all of the 3 stages of the learning experience.
We strongly advise you to ensure that you will receive your Certified Performance Improvement Professional title, as this certifies the skills and knowledge related to performance improvement field.
Details about the KPI certification programs can be found on store.kpiinstitute.org.
If the opportunity of customized KPI training courses is of interest to you, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a tailored offer.
For more information contact one of our representatives: