Facilitated by Raluca Vintilă, Management Consultant and organized in partnership with Real Hands-On, this course was held in Cairo, Egypt, between 6th and 8th of February 2018 and is part of a series of certification courses dedicated to rigorous usage of KPIs in practice.
In the first day, the course agenda covered the following subjects:
- The world of KPIs;
- Understanding KPIs;
- KPI typology;
- KPI taxonomy.
The second day sessions covered the following discussion topics:
- KPI Selection;
- KPI Alignment;
- KPI Documentation;
- Working with targets.
In the third day of the course the next themes were approached:
- Data gathering;
- Data visualization;
- Review and Certification Exam.
In order to enable both the theoretical understanding and practical experience of using a variety performance management tools and techniques for deploying KPIs correctly across different industries and functional areas, some of the methods used throughout the course were:
- Group discussions, exercises, simulations and case studies;
- Explanation of the theory regarding performance measurement;
- Presentation of the performance management templates as tools to support the integration of performance management practices in organizations;
- Customized feedback regarding the present use and the future plans for implementing performance management systems;
- Active involvement of all the participants in a collaborative learning environment where opinions and experiences are shared.
The course was attended by professionals from Egypt and Sudan having different backgrounds and areas of expertise in their working fields like Energy, Banking, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Logistics, Education / Training, Agriculture and Retail.
Before beginning the course, sharing challenges of previous experience in working with KPIs was encouraged and some of them were:
- Evaluating the organizational areas that seem to be difficult to capture in numbers – eg Legal department, academic staff;
- Aligning the Performance Appraisals to organizational performance- strategy;
- Data accuracy in the process of collection;
- Having onboard the top management in KPI Projects.
Participants were invited to express some learning needs and they communicated the following expectations from the course:
- Methodologies (areas of org – eg HR) & Tools – big image integrating all concepts
- Clearly define all concepts – Performance Indicators, KPIs “
- How do we quantify the unquantifiable?
- Alignment: organizational – departmental – individual
- Buy-in from stakeholders – the purpose of PMS
- KPI Selection in order to refine current PMS
- KPI Lifecycle – change KPIs?
- Individual performance assessment- KPIs & etc. – competencies, especially for managers
- “Weights or not?! Different aspects of the same measurement – complexity (# Invoices – some more complicated?)
- Benchmarking on KPIs targets
- Frequency of reporting KPIs
- How many KPIs? How do we keep it simple?
- Functional areas vs Revenue-generators
- Project KPIs & PMS how do they come along?
- PMS aligned with ERP
- Data collection systems & data accuracy – custodians & KPI owners – roles
In addition to the training sessions, the learning experience is comprised of a pre-course stage, a core course stage and an after-course stage. Upon participating at the face to face training course and completing all the activities on our eLearning platform participants will receive the following:
- Certificate of Completion (soft copy): after completing pre-course activities and passing the Certification Exam;
- Certificate of Attendance (hard copy): after participating at the 3 days of on-site training course;
- Certified KPI Professional diploma (hard copy): after you have successfully completed all of the 3 stages of the learning experience.
We strongly advise participants to ensure they will receive the Certified KPI Professional title, as this certification recognizes the professionals’ ability to deploy and use KPIs in accordance with The KPI Institute’s Key Performance Indicators Management Framework, the main body of knowledge on the rigorous use of KPIs in business.
To find out more details, please visit the KPI Professional certification page.
If the opportunity of customized KPI training courses is of interest to you, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a tailored offer.
For more information contact one of our representatives: