Certified Balanced Scorecard Management System Professional Training Course in Kuala Lumpur
Facilitated by Aurel Brudan, CEO of The KPI Institute this course was held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, between 7th and 9th of February 2018 and is part of a series of certification courses dedicated to performance management.
In the first day, the course agenda covered the following subjects:
- Balanced Scorecard – Performance Management tool;
- Demonstrate Performance Leadership;
- Performance Management Audit;
- Formulate organizational strategy;
- Structure organizational strategy.
The second day sessions covered the following discussion topics:
- Ensure competency and capabilities maturity;
- Drive strategy implementation;
- Integrate strategy in organizational systems.
In the third day of the course the next themes were approached:
- Manage performance;
- Learn and recalibrate;
- Nurture a performance culture;
- Review and Certification Exam.
In order to enable both the theoretical understanding and practical experience of using a variety performance management tools and techniques for deploying KPIs correctly across different industries and functional areas, some of the methods used throughout the course were:
- Group discussions, exercises, simulations and case studies;
- Explanation of the theory regarding performance measurement;
- Presentation of the performance management templates as tools to support the integration of performance management practices in organizations;
- Customized feedback regarding the present use and the future plans for implementing performance management systems;
- Active involvement of all the participants in a collaborative learning environment where opinions and experiences are shared.
The course was attended by professionals from Malaysia, Saudi Arabia and Yemen having different backgrounds and areas of expertise in their working fields like Healthcare, Government, Technology or Banking.
Before beginning the course, sharing challenges of previous experience in working with Balanced Scorecards was encouraged and some of them were:
- Structure Organizational Strategy;
- Strategy concept and how we can ensure the alignment with business objectives;
- how to implement the BSC after defining our objectives and KPIs.
Participants were invited to express some learning needs and they communicated the following expectations from the course:
- Guidance on implementing the BSC – 2018-2020;
- Insights in the implementation/use of the BSC in a functional area – IT as a pilot;
- Enhancements to the BSC already implemented – 2015;
- BSC in use since 2005 – linking org perf to individual performance;
- The use of additional perspectives (CSR, cost efficiency);
- Ideas on the implementation of employee performance management system linked to the BSC.
In addition to the training sessions, the learning experience is comprised of a pre-course stage, a core course stage and an after-course stage. Upon participating at the face to face training course and completing all the activities on our eLearning platform participants will receive the following:
- Certificate of Completion (soft copy): after completing pre-course activities and passing the Certification Exam;
- Certificate of Attendance (hard copy): after participating at the 3 days of on-site training course;
- Certified Balanced Scorecard Management System Professional diploma (hard copy): after you have successfully completed all of the 3 stages of the learning experience.
We strongly advise participants to ensure they will receive the Certified Balanced Scorecard Management System Professional title, as this certification recognizes the professionals’ ability to deploy and use KPIs in accordance with The KPI Institute’s Key Performance Indicators Management Framework, the main body of knowledge on the rigorous use of KPIs in business.
To find out more details, please visit the Balanced Scorecard Management System Professional certification page.
If the opportunity of customized Balanced Scorecard Management System training courses is of interest to you, email us at [email protected] and you will receive a tailored offer.
For more information contact one of our representatives: