New smartkpis.com report: KPIs for Library Dashboard
March 12, 2014, Melbourne, Australia – The KPI Institute, the global authority on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) research and education announces the launch of a new report, KPIs for Library Dashboard. The publication is based on research conducted through www.smartKPIs.com, which contains over 20,000 Key Performance Indicator examples, making it the world’s largest source of thoroughly documented KPIs.
Library as an industry includes all types of archives (academic, church, national etc.) and libraries (national library, local public library, school library). KPIs are related to the quality in serving and guiding customers, managing and preserving the archives and books, as well as the efficiency in organizing and structuring them.
The KPIs for Library Dashboard report is a comprehensive collection of 25 KPIs considered by the smartKPIs.com team as the most relevant and adequate to populate the Library Dashboard. Each KPI is documented based on the best practice KPI documentation template proprietary to smartKPIs.com and available in the smartKPIs Premium section of the website. There are over 30 fields of metadata specific to each KPI, from KPI name to definition, subordinate measures, and calculation formula, among others.
Some of the main sections of the reports are:
- “KPIs … Naturally”, an article that sets the context through a discussion on what is old and what is new in the use of KPIs;
- An introduction to the custom KPI documentation form developed by the smartKPIs.com research team for documenting KPIs (with over 30 fields of data, making this the most thorough KPI documentation template in use today);
- Snapshots of the KPIs for Library Dashboard, summing a total of 26 KPIs grouped by the main Library processes;
- A detailed description of each KPI listed in the KPIs for Library Dashboard report, as documented in smartKPIs Premium (the premium content section of smartKPIs.com);
- Comprehensive insights on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) as performance measurement tools and a glossary explaining the most popular terms characterizing KPIs.
This collection of 25 thoroughly documented KPIs are used to measure performance of the Library in its most important activities and processes, such as Library Collection, Resource Utilization by Visitors, Library Service Availability and Efficiency, Online, and Resource Availability.
smartkpis.com is the leading online platform for performance management knowledge integration, hosting the largest database of thoroughly documented KPI examples available on the web today. It offers high quality resources and collaboration functionality for the community of members, assisting them in making smart decisions regarding their performance management initiatives. Registration is free and enables research, learning and interaction as part of a growing community of members from over 190 countries and territories.
ABOUT THE KPI INSTITUTE
The KPI Institute is a research, publishing and education provider specialized in developing best practices in the use of KPIs. It developed the KPI Management Framework and runs five main research programs, dedicated to performance management, the Balanced Scorecard, KPIs, analytics and organizational strategy. Over the last 8 years, The Institute assisted over 5,000 organizations in finding solutions to their KPI needs.