The wave of changes in the past two years has compelled businesses to review their performance and realign their strategies to the times. The losses, leaps, and lessons vary in different industries, but organizations, from multinational companies to brick-and-mortar stores, have to answer the same question: What is the best “new normal” for us?
As businesses adapt to a rapidly changing environment and figure out what works for them, key performance indicators (KPIs) are more important than ever. KPIs can serve as the order beneath the chaos, helping organizations achieve and monitor a desired level of results for their activities.
The KPI Institute, carrying over 17 years of experience in the field, continues to share its expertise and knowledge on KPI best practices through the Top KPI reports. As the year comes to a close, we’ve bundled up the most popular KPIs released in 2021. The results are based on the data from smartKPIs.com, the world’s largest database of documented KPIs.
This series of reports provides companies, practitioners, consultants, and professionals with updates and resources on how to select and use KPIs in their respective industries or functional areas. Each report features the profile of every KPI, analysis, notes on KPI reporting, and other information related to the performance management discipline.
2021 Top 25 KPIs
The Top 25 KPI reports present the most popular KPIs in various industries and functional areas, such as procurement/purchasing, marketing, production, human resources, customer service, hotels, restaurants, finance, and real estate development and transactions.
- Top 25 Marketing KPIs Extended Edition
- Top 25 Project Management KPIs Extended Edition
- Top 25 Finance KPIs – 2020 Edition
- Top 25 Procurement/ Purchasing KPIs – 2020 Edition
- Top 25 Human Resources KPIs – 2020 Extended Edition
- Top 25 Production KPIs – 2020 Extended Edition
- Top 25 Customer Service KPIs
- Top 25 Hotel KPIs 2020 Extended Edition
- Top 25 Restaurant KPIs – 2020 Extended Edition
- Top 25 Real Estate Development KPIs
- Top 25 Real Estate Transaction KPIs
2021 Top 10 KPIs
Download the Top 10 KPI reports for different industries for a more compact version of the KPIs’ profiles, analysis, and in practice recommendations.
- Top 10 Finance Key Performance Indicators
- Top 10 Marketing Key Performance Indicators 2020
- Top 10 Procurement/ Purchasing Key Performance Indicators
- Top 10 Project Management Key Performance Indicators
- Top 10 Human Resources Key Performance Indicators
- Top 10 Production Key Performance Indicators
- Top 10 Customer Service Key Performance Indicators
- Top 10 Hotel Key Performance Indicators
- Top 10 Restaurant Key Performance Indicators
2021 KPI of the Month
Discover the most popular KPIs in their respective industries or areas through the KPI of the Month poster collection.
- KPI of February- # Net Promoter Score
- KPI of March- % Click-through rate
- KPI of April – # Employee Engagement Index
- KPI of May – % On-time delivery
- KPI of June – # Units per man-hour
- KPI of July – % Brand awareness
- KPI of August – % Budget variance
- KPI of September – % Shopping cart conversion rate
- KPI of October – % Revenue per available square meter
- KPI of November – % Customer retention
- KPI of December – % Human Capital Return on Investment (HCROI)
For more information on the research reports of The KPI Institute, get in touch with Cristina Mihăiloaie, Business Unit Manager – Research Division: firstname.lastname@example.org | +61 (390) 282 223 | +40 (749) 424 517.