Certified Employee Performance Management Professional Training Course in Kuala Lumpur
Facilitated by Teodora Gorski, Managing Director MENA – The KPI Institute, this course was held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, between 27th and 29th of July 2016 and is part of a series of certification courses dedicated to employee performance management field.
In the first day, the course agenda covered the following subjects:
- Employee Performance Management Context;
- Employee Performance Management System Architecture;
- Employee Performance Management System Implementation project.
The second day sessions covered the following discussion topics:
- Establishing Performance Criteria;
- Evaluating employee performance.
In the third day of the course the next themes were approached:
- Employee Performance Management Cycle;
- Employee Performance Appraisal Meeting;
- Talent Management;
- Review and Certification Exam.
In order to enable both the theoretical understanding and practical experience of using a variety performance management tools and techniques for correctly implementing an employee performance management system across different industries and functional areas, some of the methods used throughout the course were:
- Group discussions, exercises, simulations and case studies;
- Explanation of the theory regarding employee management field;
- Presentation of the performance management templates as tools to support the integration of performance management practices in organizations;
- Customized feedback regarding the present use and the future plans for developing an employee performance management system;
- Active involvement of all the participants in a collaborative learning environment where opinions and experiences are shared.
The course was attended by professionals from Malaysia, Brunei, Cambodia and Myanmar having different backgrounds and areas of expertise in their working fields like participants’ Manufacturing, Energy, Government and Finance.
Before beginning the course, sharing challenges of previous experience in working with KPIs was encouraged and some of them were:
- Avoiding negative behaviors once standards are set;
- Providing feedback during performance reviews;
- Integrating resulting data to other HR systems;
- Establish performance criteria and Linking performance evaluation results to Talent Development.
Participants were invited to express some learning needs and they communicated the following expectations from the course:
- Appraisal not only linked to bonus system
- Performance based culture
- Case study, management buy-in
- Implementation of the PM system
- Using smartKPIs.com
- Benefits of 3 points rating scale
- Measuring behaviours, competencies and KPIs
- Tools to use in PM system
- Training for staff
- Coaching and mentoring
- Motivate team to perform with limited resources
- Linking KPIs to reward system
In addition to the training sessions, the learning experience is comprised of a pre-course stage, a core course stage and an after-course stage. Upon participating at the face to face training course and completing all the activities on our eLearning platform participants will receive the following:
- Certificate of Completion (soft copy): after completing pre-course activities and passing the Certification Exam;
- Certificate of Attendance (hard copy): after participating at the 3 days of on-site training course;
- Certified Employee Performance Management Professional diploma (hard copy): after you have successfully completed all of the 3 stages of the learning experience.
We strongly advise participants to ensure they will receive the Certified Employee Performance Management Professional title, as this certifies the skills and knowledge related to employee management field.
To find out more details, please visit the Employee Performance Management Professional certification page
If the opportunity of customized Employee Performance Management Professional training courses is of interest to you, email us at [email protected] and you will receive a tailored offer.
For more information contact one of our representatives: