Certified KPI Professional and Practitioner Training Course in Jeddah
Facilitated by Mihai Toma, Head of Professional Practice MENA at The KPI Institute this course was held in Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, between 1st and 5th of May 2016 in partnership with MILE and is part of a series of certification courses dedicated to rigorous usage of KPIs in practice.
In the first day, the course agenda covered the following subjects:
- The world of KPIs;
- Understanding KPIs;
- KPI typology;
- KPI taxonomy.
The second day sessions covered the following discussion topics:
- KPI Selection;
- KPI Alignment;
- KPI Documentation;
- Working with targets.
In the third day of the course the next themes were approached:
- Data gathering;
- Data visualization;
- Review and certification exam.
In the fourth day of the training course, the discussions were over the following subjects:
- KPI project coordination;
- KPI selection at Organizational Level.
The fifth day concluded with the topics:
- KPI Measurement;
- KPI selection at Operational Level;
- Review and Assessment Quiz.
In order to enable both the theoretical understanding and practical experience of using a variety performance management tools and techniques for deploying KPIs correctly across different industries and functional areas, some of the methods used throughout the course were:
- Group discussions, exercises, simulations and case studies;
- Explanation of the theory regarding performance measurement;
- Presentation of the performance management templates as tools to support the integration of performance management practices in organizations;
- Customized feedback regarding the present use and the future plans for implementing performance management systems;
- Active involvement of all the participants in a collaborative learning environment where opinions and experiences are shared.
The course was attended by professionals from Kingdom of Saudi Arabia having different backgrounds and areas of expertise in their working fields like Hospital & Health Care, Higher Education, Oil & Energy, Retail and Architecture and Planning.
Before beginning the course, sharing challenges of previous experience in working with KPIs was encouraged and some of them were:
- Selecting the right KPIs;
- Data collection;
- Setting the right target;
- Design and develop the KPIs for the intangible objectives;
- Ensure relevancy of KPIs to objectives;
- Identify ownership of KPIs;
- Unifying calculation formula;
- How to facilitate decision making based on KPI results/data;
- How to cascade/align KPIs;
- Linking KPIs with incentive system;
- Having a balanced approach to measuring performance;
- Data visualization and reporting;
- How to ensure data integrity;
- How to draw an action plan based on KPIs.
Participants were invited to express some learning needs and they communicated the following expectations from the course:
- Identify challenges in working with KPIs;
- Focus effort of organization towards specific goals;
- How to transmit/communicate strategy to front-line employees;
- Ensuring employee buy-in;
- To learn how to measure and track progress against set KPIs;
- To learn about indexes;
- How to cascade KPIs from organizational level to department;
- To make use of the KPIs that are generated at all levels (organizational, divisional and departmental)
- How to Document KPIs;
- To learn how to set up targets/benchmarks for the organization;
- How to construct a dashboard;
- Data gathering and measurement.
In addition to the training sessions, the learning experience is comprised of a pre-course stage, a core course stage and an after-course stage. Upon participating at the face to face training course and completing all the activities on our eLearning platform you will receive the following:
- Certificate of Completion (soft copy): after completing the pre-course activities, passing the Certification Exam;
- Certificate of Attendance KPI Professional (hard copy): after participating at the 3 days of on-site Certified KPI Professional training course;
- Certificate of Attendance KPI Practitioner (hard copy): after participating at the 2 days of on-site Certified KPI Practitioner training course;
- Certified KPI Professional diploma (hard copy): after you have successfully completed all the pre-course, core-course activities and items 1-6 of the after-course stage in the learning experience;
- Certified KPI Practitioner diploma (hard copy): after submitting your KPI Practitioner Portfolio, obtaining minimum 360 points out of 450 points after the portfolio’s evaluation and completed items 7-9 of the after-course learning experience.
In addition to the training sessions, on the last day of the course, participants completed a certification test for obtaining the Certified KPI Professional status. The certification recognizes the professionals’ ability to deploy and use KPIs in accordance with The KPI Institute’s Key Performance Indicators Management Framework, the main body of knowledge on the rigorous use of KPIs in business.
The second course was the Certified KPI Practitioner which focused on practical exercises, accounted for 90 percent of the course’s time, the remaining time being dedicated to review relevant theoretical concepts. Independent from the course, participants can in the future to opt in to obtain their KPI Practitioner Certification by following the steps highlighted on The KPI Institute’s website.
To find out more details, please visit the KPI Professional and Practitioner certification page
If the opportunity of customized KPI training courses is of interest to you, email us at [email protected] and you will receive a tailored offer.
For more information contact one of our representatives: