Certified KPI Professional Course in Bucharest
The Certified KPI Professional Course in Bucharest, Romania was part of a series of certification courses dedicated to rigorous usage of KPIs in practice, organized in 2014 at global level in more than 30 cities from 5 continents, by The KPI Institute.
Facilitated by Andreea Vecerdea, Head of Performance Management Office, this course was held at Intercontinental in Bucharest between 1st and 3rd of October 2014.
The agenda for the Certified KPI Professional Course covered in the first day the following subjects:
- Introduction to the world of KPIs;
- The pillars of KPI architecture;
- KPI selection.
The second day sessions covered the following discussion topics:
- KPI documentation;
- Data visualization – Designing KPI Dashboards and Scorecards;
- KPI data gathering and reporting.
In the third day of the course the next themes were approached:
- KPI management enablers: software, hardware, communication and culture;
- Generating value from using KPIs;
- Measuring and learning with KPIs.
In order to enable both the theoretical understanding and practical experience of using a variety of performance management tools and techniques for deploying KPIs correctly across different industries and functional areas, some of the methods used throughout the course were:
- Group discussions, exercises, simulations and case studies;
- Explanation of the theory regarding performance measurement;
- Presentation of the performance management templates as tools to support the integration of performance management practices in organizations;
- Customized feedback regarding the present use and the future plans for implementing performance management systems;
- Active involvement of all the participants in a collaborative learning environment where opinions and experiences are shared.
The course was attended by practitioners from Romania with different backgrounds and areas of expertise in healthcare, telecommunications, banking and energy.
Before beginning the course, sharing challenges of previous experience in working with KPIs was encouraged and some of them were:
- Setting relevant KPIs;
- Establishing the optimal number of KPIs;
- Documenting and defining KPIs;
- Establishing targets;
- Measuring and reporting on KPIs;
- Cascading KPIs and the alignment between strategic and operational level;
- Involving stakeholders in the performance management system;
- Organizational culture.
Participants were invited to express some learning needs and they communicated the following expectations from the course:
- Informing about news in using KPIs and tools in the field;
- Discussing about KPI selection and utilization;
- Learning about the cycle of using KPIs;
- Approaching the topic of KPIs automation in measuring;
- Discussing about KPIs connections for structuring an integrated performance management system;
- Discussing about the connection of performance management and other quality management systems;
In addition to the training sessions, on the last day of the course, participants completed a certification test for obtaining the Certified KPI Professional status. The certification recognizes the professionals’ ability to deploy and use KPIs in accordance with The KPI Institute’s Key Performance Indicators Management Framework, the main body of knowledge on the rigorous use of KPIs in business.
Details about the KPI certification programs can be found on store.kpiinstitute.org.
If the opportunity of customized KPI training courses is of interest to you, email us at [email protected] and you will receive a tailored offer.
For more information contact one of our representatives: