Certified KPI Professional & Practitioner Training Courses in Dubai
The Certified KPI Professional & Practitioner Training Courses in Dubai were part of a series of certification courses dedicated to rigorous usage of KPIs in practice. These courses were organized in 2014 at global level in more than 30 cities from 5 continents, by The KPI Institute.
Facilitated by Adrian Brudan, General Manager of the TKI EMEA, these courses were held in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, between 14th and 18th of December 2014.
The agenda for the Certified KPI Professional Course covered in the first day the following subjects:
- Introduction to the world of KPIs;
- The pillars of KPI architecture;
- KPI selection.
The second day sessions covered the following discussion topics:
- KPI documentation;
- Data visualization – Designing KPI Dashboards and Scorecards;
- KPI data gathering and reporting.
In the third day of the course the next themes were approached:
- KPI management enablers: software, hardware, communication and culture;
- Generating value from using KPIs;
- Measuring and learning with KPIs.
In order to enable both the theoretical understanding and practical experience of using a variety of performance management tools and techniques for deploying KPIs correctly across different industries and functional areas, some of the methods used throughout the course were:
- Group discussions, exercises, simulations and case studies;
- Explanation of the theory regarding performance measurement;
- Presentation of the performance management templates as tools to support the integration of performance management practices in organizations;
- Customized feedback regarding the present use and the future plans for implementing performance management systems;
- Active involvement of all the participants in a collaborative learning environment where opinions and experiences are shared.
The course was attended by practitioners from United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Oman and Tunisia having different backgrounds and areas of expertise in their working fields like oil and gas, energy, education, healthcare, utilities, chemicals, government administration and aviation.
Before beginning the course, sharing challenges of previous experience in working with KPIs was encouraged and some of them were:
- Data collection for KPIs;
- Getting the buy in of employees;
- Selecting the relevant KPIs;
- Setting relevant data collection systems;
- How to use KPI results into the decision making process;
- Resistance to change – Change management.
Participants were invited to express some learning needs and they communicated the following expectations from the course:
- Implement a Performance Management System;
- Understand how to develop and select relevant KPIs;
- Aligning KPIs to individual level;
- Understand how to define and standardize KPIs.
In addition to the training sessions, on the last day of the course, participants completed a certification test for obtaining the Certified KPI Professional status. The certification recognizes the professionals’ ability to deploy and use KPIs in accordance with The KPI Institute’s Key Performance Indicators Management Framework, the main body of knowledge on the rigorous use of KPIs in business.
The second course was the Certified KPI Practitioner which focused on practical exercises, accounted for 90 percent of the course’s time, the remaining time being dedicated to review relevant theoretical concepts. Independent from the course, participants can in the future to opt in to obtain their KPI Practitioner Certification by following the steps highlighted on The KPI Institute’s website.
Details about the KPI certification programs can be found on store.kpiinstitute.org.
If the opportunity of customized KPI training courses is of interest to you, email us at [email protected] and you will receive a tailored offer.
For more information contact one of our representatives: