Certified KPI Professional Training Course in Kuala Lumpur
The Certified KPI Professional Training Course in Kuala Lumpur is part of a series of certification courses dedicated to rigorous usage of KPIs in practice. These courses were organized in 2015 at global level in more than 30 cities from 5 continents, by The KPI Institute.
Facilitated by Aurel Brudan, Chief Executive Officer at The KPI Institute, this course was held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia between 7th and 9th of December 2015.
The agenda for the Certified KPI Professional Course covered in the first day the following subjects:
- Introduction to the world of KPIs;
- Understanding KPIs;
- KPI taxonomy;
- KPI typology.
The second day sessions covered the following discussion topics:
- KPI documentation;
- KPI selection;
- KPI in context;
- Working with targets.
In the third day of the course the next themes were approached:
- KPI management enablers: software, hardware, communication and culture;
- Data visualization – Designing KPI Dashboards and Scorecards;
- Data gathering;
- Working with data custodians.
In order to enable both the theoretical understanding and practical experience of using a variety performance management tools and techniques for deploying KPIs correctly across different industries and functional areas, some of the methods used throughout the course were:
- Group discussions, exercises, simulations and case studies;
- Explanation of the theory regarding performance measurement;
- Presentation of the performance management templates as tools to support the integration of performance management practices in organizations;
- Customized feedback regarding the present use and the future plans for implementing performance management systems;
- Active involvement of all the participants in a collaborative learning environment where opinions and experiences are shared.
The course was attended by professionals from Malaysia, having different backgrounds and areas of expertise in their working fields like Mining and exploration, Banking, Informational Technology and Consultancy.
Before beginning the course, sharing challenges of previous experience in working with KPIs was encouraged and some of them were:
- Selecting the right KPIs;
- Documenting KPIs clearly and concisely;
- Visualizing KPI results;
- Getting “Buy-in/Belief” of why KPI matters.
Participants were invited to express some learning needs and they communicated the following expectations from the course:
- Define KPIs – meaningful KPIs
- Difference between BSC and KPIs, KRAs, 360 evaluation
- Understanding of concepts
- Governance of KPI Measurement Framework
- Selecting the right KPIs: departmental and individual level
- Acquire new tools in making KPI work sensibly
- New techniques/methodologies
- Documenting KPIs clearly and concisely
- Setting targets for KPIs
- Visualizing KPI results
- Making sense of leading and lagging indicator
- Engage the owners with KPIs
- Clarifying linking performance with rewards
In addition to the training sessions, the learning experience is comprised of a pre-course stage, a core course stage and an after-course stage. Upon participating at the face to face training course and completing all the activities on our eLearning platform you will receive the following:
- Certificate of Completion: after completing pre-course activities and passing the Certification Exam;
- Certificate of Attendance: after participating at the 3 days of on-site training course;
- Certified KPI Professional diploma: after you have successfully completed all of the 3 stages of the learning experience.
We strongly advise you to ensure that you will receive your Certified KPI Professional title, as this certification recognizes the professionals’ ability to deploy and use KPIs in accordance with The KPI Institute’s Key Performance Indicators Management Framework, the main body of knowledge on the rigorous use of KPIs in business.
To find out more details, please visit the KPI Professional certification page.
If the opportunity of customized KPI training courses is of interest to you, email us at [email protected] and you will receive a tailored offer.
For more information contact one of our representatives: