Certified KPI Professional Training Course in Lagos
The Certified KPI Professional Training Course in Lagos is part of a series of certification courses dedicated to rigorous usage of KPIs in practice. These courses were organized in 2014 at global level in more than 30 cities from 5 continents, by The KPI Institute.
Facilitated by Mihai Toma, Head of Professional Services MENA, The KPI Institute, this course was held in Lagos, Nigeria, between 20th, 21st and 22nd of May 2015.
The agenda for the Certified KPI Professional Course covered in the first day the following subjects:
- Introduction to the world of KPIs;
- Understanding KPIs;
- KPI typology;
- KPI taxonomy.
The second day sessions covered the following discussion topics:
- Working with targets;
- KPI documentation;
- KPIs alignment;
- KPI selection.
In the third day of the course the next themes were approached:
- Data gathering;
- Data visualization;
- Review and Certification Exam.
In order to enable both the theoretical understanding and practical experience of using a variety performance management tools and techniques for deploying KPIs correctly across different industries and functional areas, some of the methods used throughout the course were:
- Group discussions, exercises, simulations and case studies;
- Explanation of the theory regarding performance measurement;
- Presentation of the performance management templates as tools to support the integration of performance management practices in organizations;
- Customized feedback regarding the present use and the future plans for implementing performance management systems;
- Active involvement of all the participants in a collaborative learning environment where opinions and experiences are shared.
The course was attended by practitioners from Nigeria, having different backgrounds and areas of expertise in their working fields like hospital & health care, real estate, facilities services, aviation, training and education.
Before beginning the course, sharing challenges of previous experience in working with KPIs was encouraged and some of them were:
- Communicating corporate objectives to employees;
- No clear link between individual and organizational level;
- Data gathering/tracking;
- Lack of accountability;
- Setting KPIs to measure objectives;
- Lack of data;
- Getting buy-in from management team;
- Getting buy-in from employees;
- What to measure;
- Selecting relevant KPIs.
Participants were invited to express some learning needs and they communicated the following expectations from the course:
- Understand the cascading process to the individual level;
- Understanding KPIs and the relation with results based management;
- Learn from the other participants experience;
- Learn how to set and use KPIs effectively;
- Create an effective PMS;
- Apply KPIs to measure personal performance;
- How to measure employee performance;
- Governance of PMS;
- Measuring processes, policies, strategy through KPIs;
- Linking KPIs with reward systems;
- Linking KPIs with organizational strategy;
- Target setting techniques;
- Set KPIs in different contexts, different industries and functions;
- Data gathering process steps;
- Ensure objectivity in performance assessment;
- How to use KPIs to measure performance.
In addition to the training sessions, the learning experience is comprised of a pre-course stage, a core course stage and an after-course stage. Upon participating at the face to face training course and completing all the activities on our eLearning platform you will receive the following:
- Certificate of Completion: after completing pre-course activities and passing the Certification Exam;
- Certificate of Attendance: after participating at the 3 days of on-site training course;
- Certified KPI Professional diploma: after you have successfully completed all of the 3 stages of the learning experience.
We strongly advise you to ensure that you will receive your Certified KPI Professional title, as this certification recognizes the professionals’ ability to deploy and use KPIs in accordance with The KPI Institute’s Key Performance Indicators Management Framework, the main body of knowledge on the rigorous use of KPIs in business.
Details about the KPI certification programs can be found on store.kpiinstitute.org.
If the opportunity of customized KPI training courses is of interest to you, email us at [email protected] and you will receive a tailored offer.
For more information contact one of our representatives: