Certified Strategy and Business Planning Professional Training Course in Dubai
Facilitated by Radu Cocean, Strategy Practice Senior Expert, this course was held in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, between 23rd and 25th of April 2017 and is part of a series of certification courses dedicated to rigorous usage of strategy in practice.
In the first day, the course agenda covered the following subjects:
- Impact, mission, values;
- Business model and value drivers;
- Internal capabilities and SWOT analysis;
- Vision and goals.
The second day sessions covered the following discussion topics:
- PESTEL Analysis;
- Porter 5 Forces Model;
- SWOT analysis & scenario planning;
- Competitive strategies.
In the third day of the course the next themes were approached:
- Growth strategies;
- Objectives and KPIs;
- Portfolio of initiatives and action plan;
- Strategy visualization and alignment;
- Review and Certification Exam.
In order to enable both the theoretical understanding and practical experience of using a variety performance management tools and techniques for deploying KPIs correctly across different industries and functional areas, some of the methods used throughout the course were:
- Group discussions, exercises, simulations and case studies;
- Explanation of the theory regarding performance measurement;
- Presentation of the performance management templates as tools to support the integration of performance management practices in organizations;
- Customized feedback regarding the present use and the future plans for implementing performance management systems;
- Active involvement of all the participants in a collaborative learning environment where opinions and experiences are shared.
The course was attended by professionals from Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and Oman having different backgrounds and areas of expertise in their working fields like Government, Education / Training and Telecommunications.
Before beginning the course, sharing challenges of previous experience in working with strategy was encouraged and some of them were:
- Aligning strategy across the organization
- Linking the portfolio of initiatives to strategy
- The Porter’s 5 forces model
Participants were invited to express some learning needs and they communicated the following expectations from the course:
- Strategy visualization and communication
- How to combine different department strategies in one corporate strategy
- How to come up with the initiatives that fill the gap to reach the strategic objectives
- SWOT analysis
In addition to the training sessions, the learning experience is comprised of a pre-course stage, a core course stage and an after-course stage. Upon participating at the face to face training course and completing all the activities on our eLearning platform participants receive the following:
- Certificate of Completion (soft copy): after completing pre-course activities and passing the Certification Exam;
- Certificate of Attendance (hard copy): after participating at the 5 days of on-site training course;
- Certified Strategy and Business Planning Professional diploma (hard copy): after you have successfully completed all of the 3 stages of the learning experience.
We strongly advise participants to ensure they will receive the Certified Strategy and Business Planning Professional title, as this certification recognizes the professionals’ ability to develop strategies to ensure a successful performance management.
To find out more details, please visit the Strategy and Business Planning Professional certification page.
If the opportunity of customized Strategy and Business Planning training courses is of interest to you, email us at [email protected] and you will receive a tailored offer.
For more information, contact one of our representatives:
Alexandru Muntean, Head of Customer Engagement MENA