Certified KPI Professional and Practitioner Training Course in Dubai
The Certified KPI Professional and Practitioner Training Course in Dubai was part of a series of certification courses dedicated to rigorous usage of KPI in practice. The course was organized in 2013 at a global level in 13 cities from 5 continents, by The KPI Institute.
Coordinated by Aurel Brudan, CEO of The KPI Institute, this course was held at Kempinski Hotel in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, between the 6th and 10th of October 2013.
The agenda for the 3 days course covered in the first day the subjects of:
- Introduction to the world of KPIs;
- The pillars of KPI architecture;
- KPI selection;
The second day sessions covered the following discussion topics:
- KPI documentation;
- Data visualization – Designing KPI Dashboards and Scorecards;
- KPI data gathering and reporting;
In the third day of the course the next themes were approached:
- KPI management enablers: software, hardware, communication and culture;
- Generating value from using KPIs;
- Measuring and learning with KPIs.
To enable both the theoretical understanding and practical experience of using a variety of performance management tools and techniques for deploying KPIs correctly across different industries and functional areas, throughout the course were used the following methods:
- Group discussions, exercises, simulations and case studies;
- Explanation of the theory regarding performance measurement;
- Presentation of the performance management templates as tools to support the integration of performance management practices in organizations;
- Customized feedback regarding the present use and the future plans for implementing performance management systems;
- Active involvement of all the participants in a collaborative learning environment where opinions and experiences are shared.
The course was attended by practitioners from United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Uganda, with background from various industries, the predominant being the medical, furniture manufacturing, restaurants, sports, chemical and plastic solutions, environment, oil and gas, aviation and aircraft maintenance.
Sharing challenges of previous experiences in working with KPIs was encouraged and some of them were:
- Setting targets for KPIs;
- Running a benchmarking analysis;
- Not having a mechanism for data collection;
- Analyzing the data;
- Applying corrective actions or penalties for not achieving KPIs targets;
- Engaging the employees in the change process.
When invited to express some learning needs, participants communicated the following most important expectations from the course:
- Get a general understanding of KPIs, (what they are, which are the standards in using KPIs, cascading from organizational level to individual);
- To be able to develop or choose the right KPIs;
- To identify the relevant information necessary for selecting KPIs;
- Discuss upon KPI utilization (assessing the reliability of the KPIs, tracking and reporting and database structure for KPI tracking, the accountability, communicating non-compliance, improve on KPIs);
- Linking KPIs to other concepts, like Balanced Scorecard, rewards or penalties, benchmarking, project management.
On the last day of the Certified KPI Professional course participants completed a certification test for obtaining the KPI Professional status. This certification recognizes the professionals ability to deploy and use KPIs in accordance with The KPI Institute’s Key Performance Indicators Management Framework, the main body of knowledge on the rigorous use of KPIs in business.
The second course was the Certified KPI Practitioner and focused on practical exercises, which accounted for 90 percent of the course’s time, the remaining time being dedicated to review relevant theoretical concepts. Independent from the course, in the future participants can opt for obtaining their KPI Practitioner Certification by following the steps highlighted on The KPI Institute’s website.
Details about the KPI certification programs can be found on store.kpiinstitute.org.
If the opportunity of customized KPI training courses is of interest to you, email us at [email protected] and you will receive a tailored offer.
For more information contact one of our representatives: